Ephesians 4:22-23: - “Throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. 23 Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.(NLT)
Makeover is a term used interchangeably with fashion or beauty issues. More often a makeover suggestion comes from people or close friends who feel you can look better. The million dollar question is this; at what point do we give our spiritual lives a boost? You can give your life a great boost or a complete makeover when you recognize and allow the Holy Spirit to be the following in your life.
1. The Holy Spirit as your HELPER. Romans 8.26, He knows your weakness and your limits. He knows when to step in and understands your emotions better than anyone does.
2. The Holy Spirit as your COMFORTER. John 14.16, He comforts by getting you through situations. He does not do pity parties, but comforts you so that you are strong in your spirit, and that strength prevents negative situations from breaking you.
3. The Holy Spirit as your COUNSELOR. John 14.17, 1 John 2.27, John 16.13, He is your unseen guide. He shows you things to come. You will always have the right answers at any time, 1 John 2.20. No more bad decision, wisdom now manifests easily as you go through life.
4. The Holy Spirit as your INTERCESSOR. Romans 8.26, He empowers your prayer life, he actually prays for you and he is indeed your Prayer partner
5. The Holy Spirit as your STANDBY POWER. 2 Corinthian 10.4, Power when you need it. He is always available to deliver power and strengthen your inner man. Acts 1.8
6. The Holy Spirit as Your ADVOCATE. 1 John 2.1, John 16.8, He reproves of sin. He only convicts, He never condemns. His mission is not to make you feel guilty but to draw you back to God. In drawing you to God He stands as your advocate once you believe.
7. The Holy Spirit as your STRENGTHENER. Ephesians 3.16, Colossians 1.10-11. Through His work, you find strength to go through life and be victorious. People are drawn to you because they see that you have a well of life that is overflowing.
Romans 12:2 - Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. (NLT)
In Conclusion, you are the one who will give him access. The Function of the Holy Spirit is to present a BETTER YOU. The world needs a better you; your family needs a better you. The Holy Spirit is your only and best choice for a complete transformation, there are no short cuts.